How to Make Iced Tea
Iced tea is a refreshing and delicious beverage that is perfect for hot summer days. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer sweet or unsweetened, fruity or herbal, there’s an iced tea recipe for everyone.
To make iced tea, you will need tea bags or loose tea leaves, water, and sugar or honey (optional). You can also add lemon, mint, or other flavorings to enhance the taste.
An easy iced tea recipe:
Iced Tea Ingredients:
- 4 tea bags or 4 teaspoons of loose tea leaves
- 8 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices (optional)
Iced Tea Instructions:
- Bring water to a boil. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Steep tea bags or loose tea leaves. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and add tea bags or loose tea leaves to the pot. The amount of tea you need will depend on how strong you want your iced tea to be. As a general rule, use one tea bag or one teaspoon of loose tea leaves per cup of water.
- Let the tea steep. Cover the pot and let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, or until it reaches the desired strength.
- Remove the tea bags or strain the tea leaves. Once the tea is steeped, remove the tea bags or strain out the tea leaves using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Add sweetener (optional). If you like sweet tea, add sugar or honey to taste while the tea is still warm. Stir until the sweetener dissolves.
- Chill the tea. Pour the tea into a pitcher and add ice cubes to cool it down. You can also refrigerate the tea for a few hours to chill it further.
- Serve and enjoy! Once the tea is chilled, pour it into glasses and add lemon, mint, or other flavorings if desired.
Enjoy your refreshing iced tea!
Our Most Popular Iced Tea Flavors